Thursday, June 30, 2005

Inspiration for Legacy

What inspired me to do Legacy? A few things were actually inspiration for Legacy. Over the last few years, I had found an interest in script writing and I put that interest to use in writing scripts for Alien vs Predator fanfilms but eventually my interest in that franchise slowly disappeared because of the quality of recent products - bad basically. So joining GateWorld and getting more active with my other favorite franchise I ran across a post about Stargate Legacy on the Forum.

I had actually written for a Machinima series before so I thought I'd ask if they needed a writer. I wanted to get involved with the fandom side of Stargate aswell so that increased my desire to get involved with Legacy. Now the story and ideas I had for Legacy all take root from things I've done elsewhere. I actually started writing a script for a series of Fan Comics but gave up when I couldn't find any artists so I jumped at the chance to implament it into this machinima series.

Right well before I get into the evolution of the story - I'll save that for another post- I take into alot of things for inspiration. The idea for the main location and back story behind the location obviously came from Egyptain Mythology with the idea of using Thoth and Heliopolis. SO if anyone else if out there, inspiration can be drawn from anywhere from just sat in the bath mulling over your thoughts to watching an another film and getting a great spin-off idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home